Children’s Ministry at Mercy Baptist Church
We’re thankful for each child at Mercy Baptist Church! Our role as a church is to assist parents in raising their children in the training and instruction of the Lord.
We endeavor to help and reinforce what parents are teaching their children alongside other children of the church.
We seek to accomplish this in two main areas: nursery and children’s Sunday school.
Our goal is to create a safe and loving environment in which the children entrusted to our care are able to learn about the character of God, discover biblical truth, and learn what it means to follow Jesus Christ.
The children’s ministry of MBC exists to glorify God by:
- Supporting and encouraging parents (who are primarily responsible for teaching biblical truths to their children) (Ephesians 6:4)
- Making the whole counsel of Scripture known to children with special emphasis on the Gospel (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Romans 1:16-17)
- Praying for the children and relying on the Holy Spirit to regenerate their hearts through the faithful teaching of His Word (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:4-10)
- Living faithfully before the children and modeling for them how Christians are called to respond to God, interact with each other, and with the world around us (Matthew 5:16; I Corinthians 11:1)
Children’s Sunday school curriculum is taken from various gospel-teaching publishers, such as Praise Factory, Desiring God, Founders Ministries, Great Commission Publications, and Generations of Grace.
Child Protection Policy Overview
Our first concern is that the children be safe while they are in our care. To this end we:
- Screen all childcare workers, including background checks
- Train all childcare workers
- Ensure all childcare workers are accountable to church leadership
- Make first aid kit available
- Educate childcare workers about recognizing child abuse and requiring them to report any known or suspected abuse to appropriate governmental authorities consistent with applicable laws and to to church officials.
- Nursery during worship: Infant to around 3-years old.
- Children’s Sunday school: age 3 to teenager
Guidelines for children
- Parents or guardians of visiting children must check in and check out their children.
- Illness: Children may not attend nursery or children’s Sunday school if they have had a fever within the last 24 hours.